The reason this is my time of the year is due to my love of anything pumpkin! Stores and restaurants have more pumpkin items available during the fall. I love pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin pie, McDonald's pumpkin spice latte, iHop's pumpkin pancakes, and pumpkin bars. Actually there is one thing pumpkin I don't like and that is the pumpkin spice creamer for coffee.
I made pumpkin bars for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner in 2009. I'm sharing a recipe that you might want to make if you love pumpkin desserts!
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
I'm excited about Book 2 because the focus is on Molly, the oldest daughter in the King family. Book 3 will be about Priscilla!
As always I appreciate my readers and love your comments on FB and here on my blog. When you take the time to write book reviews for me, it means so much.
OCTOBER GIVEAWAY! Leave a comment on this post and your name will be entered to win a $5 Gift Card to AMAZON! And if you don't like anything pumpkin, that's fine. Tell me what you like to eat for dessert! I'll draw the winner on October 16, Sunday evening around 8:00 p.m. Eastern time.